for successfully finishing the half marathon that I have been training so very hard for in a personal record time for me. It was extremely hard during the race to keep going at times. I kept singing to myself the song, "You are my all in all." The words "You are my strength when I am weak, when I fall down You pick me up, when I am dry You fill my cup," kept repeating in my head throughout the race when I wanting to throw in the towel. It was a wonderful and exilirating feeling when I finished. All the hard work paid off with a race time of 1:53:41. I didn't make the 1:49 that I was aiming for to beat my husbands one and only half marathon time, but I was still pumped. My running buddies Alica and Heidi also helped push me during the trainings and Alica was there during the race slowing down when she could have ran so much faster. It was great to see Travis and the kids throughout the race and at the finish line cheering me on. Go figure that my camera's batteries were out even though I just had changed them. There were also so many of my OT friends that ran the race. These girls I went to OT school with and they are also big runners. It was so good seeing them out there running and everyone being together again (except Ash who was cheering on the Hogs). We all went over to Krysta's mom's house for some yummy Norwegian (sp??) pancakes. They were soooo good.
If you have never ran or walked a race, I strongly recommend it. Just start at training for a 5K, which is 3 miles, and sign up for a race with a friend. The reward of crossing that finish line is the feeling that all that hard work paid off. It is well worth it and you feel so good! Thanks for those who were praying for me! It was a great day!!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Congratulations on your time that is awesome!! I just hope to break 2:00 next time. Your kids are precious by the way. Your little girl is too cute.
I was thinking about you this weekend--I'm so proud of you!!!
You did awesome Shannon...very proud of you...all that training did pay off girl!
You should be so proud! That is so FAST!! I loved how you give God all the glory. Running is such a mental game. God sustained you! I think that is so incredible!
You go girl! Your determination and healthy living will transpire to those kiddos! I'm so very proud for you! Keep me posted!By the way, Keely is in Larson's class and her and her mom say HI !
WOO HOO!!! You did amazing, Shannon! It was a great day for the race. I was happy to see you!
Good for you!!! I'm jealous:)
Go Shannon!! So proud of you!!
You are my hero Shannon! You are something else and you have the legs to prove it!! I am so proud of you. Way to go. You make me want to be a better person! Love ya!
Post a Comment