Tuesday, October 21, 2008

For all you moms with kids in school.......

how do you determine what papers to keep and what papers not to keep when they bring home at least 3 papers a day of activities they did in school? I have kept all of Noah's papers so far that have been sent home in his backpack, but his drawer is already getting full. I don't want to throw anything away, but come on, their are soooooo many. I know they will just go in a box one day and probably never be open again until he is grown and probably not by anyone but me. So, any suggestions on what you do?

9 comments:

Tambrey said...

Hey Shannon! I pick one a day he brings home and put it in a shoebox of his work. That way I can date it and have it as years go by. I do chunk the rest after he has left the house!! hee hee It is hard, but I hate to clutter!

Tinsley Family said...

yes, i throw them away.. i keep a few every once in a while if they are really cute and i alway keep a few up to date ones on the frig. don't feel guilty... you really can't keep them all =)

Jenny said...

I only keep the extra special ones that I can't live without:). I throw MOST away, I HATE to but know I'd be batty if I kept them all to deal with later.

The Uptons said...

I keep anything that has a fingerprint, handprint, footprint, or something like that, or if it is something that I think really represents her at this age, like something she drew or wrote about that she just loves. The rest I toss!

Anonymous said...

I'm the say way with the other comments. It gets so much harder as the years go by. Alexis has so much! I keep extra special things...pictures or writing about the family, artwork, or good tests (since she is a big girl and taking tests)! It's all stored in a big bin.

TLC said...

If Larson can tell me about it, I have been writing his interpretation on the back w/ the date-usually 2 a week.

Jaime said...

Hey Shannon I am a scrapbooker in all my spare time I have these days!! I have been keeping everything from Evan and plan on doing a scrapbook for each year of preschool. I know that when he goes to real school I will not do this. Now it is all so precious and he is so proud of his work I can't bear to throw it away. One thing that I did in my house is an art wall. I took some wire that you use for hanging pictures and nailed it to the wall to look like a clothes line. Then I let the kids pick out some wood cut outs from Hobby Lobby and I glued them to clothes pins. This is where we display all of the masterpieces!! The kids love it! I will try to post a picture of it on my blog sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon, I saw a link to your blog on Jill's. We keep the ones that they are really proud of or that mean something special, and the rest we scan into the computer and let it play as a screen saver.
rebekah

Anonymous said...

I laughed at this entry because i struggle with the same thing. I am not usually a "keeper" I throw everything away but I think twice with her school work. Great to see your beautiful family via the blogs! Danielle Hicks Davis