Sunday, May 10, 2009

Go Kris!!


Ally and I at the Kris Allen watch party!

Kris Allen concert!


We are all about some American Idol this year with our fellow Conway boy Kris Allen doing so well! Ally and I went to a Kris Allen watch party with about 1600 other people cheering him on. Noah, Ally and I then went to the parade and concert too. We got there at 2:30 and he didn't arrive until 6 or so. As you can imagine, by that time my kiddos were tired and hungry. The snacks and drinks we already went through, so we had to leave as he was performing. The crowd from the parade made it hard for us to see even with our good spot we had saved. People are ruthless! It was crazy. We had to go through Mike's Place to avoid the huge crowd because Noah was very upset. They let us exit through the back, thank goodness. It was awesome to see how many people support this young 23 year old. Man, how his life has changed in a matter of months. We wish him great things and know he will make Conway proud!!

On a funny note, the next day after the concert, Ally and I went to Walmart. As we were checking out, a young gentleman was behind us in line. Ally asked out loud, "Mommy, is that Kris Allen?" The young man heard her and was like nope, not Kris Allen unfortunately. It was sooooo funny at the time.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Fintons said...

Hey Girl! Great pics! At least you know the secret back way to Mike's Place now. haha.

Heather said...

Connor will hear the b-98 DJ's talk about him in the mornings and say "Momma...they just said KRIS ALLEN!" :)
I sure hope he makes it to the finale...after watching tonight I am mad at the judges, because I feel like the promoted who THEY want to win!