Saturday, January 23, 2010

If it were only this simple.......

Last night, Noah and I were watching the telecast Hope for Haiti. I was trying again to explain what happened in Haiti to Noah as best as I could. I was really trying to stress that the Haitians need our prayers right now. I was telling Noah that a lot of the people over there are now having to live out on the streets in tents and they are in need of food and water. I wasn't even done saying that sentence and Noah busted in with, " I know mommy, we can let the people come live here with us. They can use my bed and we can feed them." I was so struck by what he said that I just grabbed him and hugged him for a long time and thanked my Lord that we live here in America right now and how thankful I am for my family. Noah's precious innocence right now made me realize that there is not a whole lot we can do for the Haitian people physically, but we definitely can be in prayer for them. Sure, I would love to take little Montley home with me, who is around 4 yrs old and was trapped for 8 days under concrete but was finally rescued. His uncle stressed that he probably couldn't take care of him now that his mom and dad did not make it. I am sure we all feel some sort of motherly instant in us to rescue these children who are left without family. It is so sad and heartbreaking. There are no answers, but I feel hope in knowing that the Lord is in control and He has a plan. I can't wait to ask Him one day all the unanswered questions I have. I do know that I have a responsiblity to pray for these people. I know I would want the same for my family if this were happening here in America.

So, this has just been on my mind lately and needed to let it out. I am grateful for my family and for this wonderful country we live it. I take it for granted that we have running water and a nice, comfy bed to sleep in at night. I am thankful for all the people who are trying to help in anyway they can.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

so, so sweet!
VERY heartbreaking what is happening in Haiti. Overwhelming what others in the world go through on a daily basis. We have been given so MUCH and MUCH is expected!

Anonymous said...

Aw...your post brought tears to my eyes! Noah is precious! I know....we should be so thankful every day of what we have. I have learned not to complain so much when others have it so much harder!