Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Never too late....

to post a little note about what I am thankful for this wonderful time of year! I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything, but I am sure everyone is as busy or busier than I am this time of year. I just wanted to to share some things that I am thankful for during this great season of my life. These are in no particular order:
1. Being awake at 1:30 in the morning with Ally eating cereal and waffles because she will not fall asleep and tells me she is hungry. Although very weary at the time, I thanked God for this time with her to cuddle on the couch and be close to her.
2. Hearing Noah tell me that his "happy" is at the end of the day is going to church!
3. Having a husband who realizes that men, too, can help around the house, even when I don't have to ask him. I think it finally clicked after almost 6 years of marriage. He is doing great now! Oh, how I love this man!
4. Having good family and friends who love me for who I am!
5. Having a church to go to where I can praise and worship my Savior with other people who feel the same way.
6. Having good health right now so that I can run and play with my children.
7. I love to read! So I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to enjoy a few books here lately.
8. I am thankful for people who volunteer their time at church or in the community to help serve those who need some assistance.
9. It makes me smile to see Noah and Ally playing well together and the way they love one another. How grateful I am for that.
10. I can always add this one no matter wherever I am in life: Thank you Jesus for what you did on the cross and allowing me to enjoy a relationship with you!
Also, thank you for all read this and want to keep updated with our lives! You all are a sweet blessing to me!

8 comments:

The Uptons said...

Sweet post Shannon...I am thankful for YOU! :)

Heather said...

Great list, Shannon! Your family is so precious!

Jenny said...

wonderful post!!! how blessed we are!!

In His Army said...

Oh this is great Shannon! I missed coming this Thrusday. I know it wasn't Mario's fault that he felt so crummy, but I was disappointed that I couldn't make it! Hope it went well and let's get together before Christmas!

The Fintons said...

Great post Shannon. We are so blessed beyond measure. What a precious family you have!!!

Tinsley Family said...

love this post and your sweet honesty, thankful for you :)

Tambrey said...

Amen sister! We have so many things we take for granted! You are a saint getting up that early for waffles! That sounds so sweet!

Little Oak Table said...

Loved this post!

What books have you been reading?!