Thursday, August 28, 2008
Hurricane vs. Tropical Storm!
So, we plan to leave on our family vacation to Destin early Saturday morning. Have you heard about the tropical storm brewing in the Atlantic? Gustav!! What do we do now? The weather men are not sure where it is going. They say that it will hit the Gulf of Mexico over the weekend and they can't exactly predict which way it is headed. They are giving it a 300 mile radius of where it could go. From the panhandle of Florida (where we plan to be) all the way over to Texas. They just don't know. As of this morning, they are predicting that it will be on some sort of land by Tuesday. They say that if it stays more west, it will probably weaken. I hate it that there is a hurricane anyway, but the selfish part of me hates it even more that it is possibly going to ruin our vacation. Isn't that awful of me? What would you do? I really don't want to put my kids in a harmful situation, but there is a possiblity that it will not hit there. I guess we could still head down there and just see in the beginning of the week. I don't know. Any suggestions? Please pray that the hurricane will disspate and that no one will get injured in it. We did know that this was hurricane season, but I thought what are the chances really of one being where we are going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'd continue on with your vacation plans until there's a good reason not to. If it doesn't head to your area, you'll be kicking yourself for not going. I doubt you'd be putting your kids in a dangerous situation; you should have plenty of warning in case of an evacuation. Hope it all works out well for you! My family went to the gulf coast all throughout my growing up years and a even a few of my adult years, and I have wonderful memories of those trips. Including a few edge-of-your-seat, weather-watching moments. :)
A message from Gustov: I will destroy you.
I'd probably bet $100 on the hurricane to take down a tropical storm in less than 3 rounds.
Who is posting these anonymous crazy thoughts? I am going to get you!
I hope you're on your way to Destin; this morning it looks like it's supposed to stay clear of FL.
Have a great time!
so, what did ya'll decide?!
you guys will be fine, the Lord is in Control... go, have fun, make memories!!!
You be careful down there!!
Post a Comment