Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A new place called home.

Well, after 5 1/2 years of living in a wonderful home where Travis and I started our marriage off in, brought 2 babies home to, and made many memories in, we decided to move on. This weekend we moved into a new home. It was bittersweet as I was cleaning our old and getting ready to say goodbye. I know this sounds silly, but it was really hard. I brought my babies home to this house. I made two plain rooms into two cute nurseries where my babies played. When the house was emptied and cleaned and ready for the new owners, I took one last look of the place I new as home for almost 6 years. Tears flowed down my face as they are right now. But then I kept telling myself that this is just a home on earth and my final home is with my Lord and Savior. He doesn't want us to get to comfortable in one place. So, I wiped away the tears and shut the doors. I knew it was time. As we were leaving, the new owners arrived. I knew them a little before and I started talking with them. I was asking them if they were excited and what their plans were. And if it hadn't already been a stressful and difficult day, they said that that night they were going to paint Ally's precious pink and green room. I held the tears back until we left. Travis didn't really understand, but attempted to console me with you can paint their new rooms.
Well, I know this is probably a silly thing to get so emotional over, but I can cry at the drop of a hat when it comes to thinking that my kiddos are growing up. I am sure they will grow out of their cute language and silly characters, but hopefully Ally will not grow out of calling Noah "bubbie" and Noah calling Ally "Awee."

7 comments:

Jenny said...

You almost made me cry:(.... I never saw Ally's room but I adored Noah's. I bet you create 2 beautiful new rooms for them.

the edwards said...

i can't wait to see your new house. you'll love all of the memories that you'll make in this one too. can't wait to see you guys soon!

The Fintons said...

Shan, what a sad post. You are going to make so many more wonderful memories in your new house. Noah and Ally have so much more room to play and run! It's only a new beginning with much more to be had.... (i know what you mean though, I felt the same way when we moved out of our first house...for a second) lol :-)

Becke' said...

This totally rings true with me. If it makes you feel better, I cried when I moved out of my DORM room my freshman year in college. It was the nastiest room ever, but the memories were so fun! Where is your new house? Becke' Stuart

The Uptons said...

bless your heart...I left a note for the new owners of our last home letting them know how special i hoped the house would become to them, as it had been to us! but so much fun to be had in the new digs, and lots more room! you'll get used to it pretty quick i'm sure!:)

Little Oak Table said...

Help. Me. Rhonda. that is the saddest thing. i know what you mean, it is kind of a sinking feeling leaving a house! where did you guys move?!?! glad you are blogging now!

TLC said...

Shan,
Okay I had tears with ya! I've decided that I want to take that 4 Sale sign out of my yard now! I'm so glad that you're blogging and to be able to read your precious Mommy intentions!
Yes, Larson asked the other night if Mommy and Daddy would get old and then said "Oh Mommy, I will miss you." I bawled and bawled and bawled some more. They tear on the heart strings, huh?