Tuesday, July 15, 2008

30th birthday!






So, I have hit the 30s. I was a little sad because I feel like when you are in your 20s, you still are young. But I think I am over it now. The 20s were great with lots of good memories, but I hope the 30s will be even better. Maybe I will be a little wiser now. It will be a lot of fun seeing my kiddos grow and master this big world.

Travis threw a little get together on Saturday night for me. It was suppossed to be a surprise, but he ended up telling me on Friday evening. He had everyone write a little something about me which was very sweet. When he handed it to me, of course, I cried. It was a little out of the ordinary for him to do all this. He got into my email address book and just picked a few friends. He apologized for not inviting everyone. He didn't really know who to invite. We had hotdogs and hamburgers and Travis ended up cooking them a little too long. I will post a picture so you can see.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Looks like you had a fun get together!! That baby is way too cute with all that hair!!

Jaime said...

Hey Shannon! Happy 30th! So glad that you started a blog so that I can see your cute family! Your kids are cuties! Jaime Lott Gaston

Anita Pope said...

Hey Shannon! It's Anita Waites Pope! It has been a long time. I almost didn't recognize you without curly hair. You look great and your kids are adorable. We have a blog too.

www.blakelypope.com

Take Care,
Anita

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon! You kids are so cute! I hope you had a great 30th
it was a hard birthday for me too!
JoAnne Wooldridge (Dreher)

the boyd girls.... said...

Happy Birthday! Your kids are too precious! Glad you started a blog!
Keri Geran Boyd

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon! Welcome to the blogging world! I am so glad to be able to catch up with you and your precious little family! You have a precious family!
Tambrey