Paige and I before the race
About to cross the finish line
After the race!
My dear friend Micaela and her family!
The 2nd annual Soaring Wings half marathon was this weekend and it was a huge success. There were 1000 runners in it and the weather couldn't be better. I trained with many of my friends including Alisa, Stacy and Micaela! My friend Paige stayed with me the night before. We all started together but then went at our own pace once we got going. I tend to always start faster than I should and and by then time I reached around 8 miles, I was hurting. I wanted to stop, but I kept going. I ended up crossing the finish line at around 1 hour and 54 minutes. It was not my personal best for me, but I was still proud of my time. My sweet family rode around in the truck to cheer me on and that kept me going. I loved running this race because of what it is for. The Soaring Wings Ranch!! The wonderful ladies of the Ranch Hands were out there cheering us on because there were about 6 or 7 Ranch Hands running the race. It was sooooo much fun being in Conway!! I love Conway!!!


1 comment:
Great job girl! I think you did GREAT! Sure wish I could run with ya! Couldn't keep up! hee hee
Post a Comment