Friday, March 12, 2010

Noah's 5th birthday!







For over a year now, Noah has said that he has wanted his 5th bday to be at home and he wanted a Thomas the train party. I was wondering what I was going to do for it because I am really not all that crafty. Well, a friend of mine reminded me of the Thomas the train that is sometimes in the fair parade and at a local church that is used at church gatherings. I called around trying to locate this Thomas the train and after much calling and bothering, I found the nice man who owns it. He built this for his grandson and lets people use it for parties. I was sooooooo excited. I knew Noah be very surprised and extremely happy. He loves trains!!! And I mean loves trains!! So, he and Travis went to pick it up and the night they brought it home, we unloaded and took it on a little test drive. It has a steering wheel, bell and knobs to play with inside it. It is so cute. It was made out of two lawnmowers. What a nice grandpa to build this for his grandson.

So, we had a Thomas the train party. My dad was the ticketmaster and Travis's dad was the engineer who pulled the kids on the train. We passed out whistles and tickets and off the kids went around the block. It was a hit. Afterwards, the moms, I mean kids, made train picture frames and a pinata was broken by mister Connor. It was a perfect day to be outside. The weather was just right, not too cool or hot. It was a great day! After the party was over, I asked Noah what his happy was because that is what we do everyday and he said "the Thomas train Mom. That was so cool!" This is one that I will never forget and hope Noah will never forget it as well!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun birthday! I can't believe my little nephew is 5! You know, he's my little man when he's around me. Happy Birthday, Bubba! Your Auntie and cousins love you very much! Shan, you have done so good with him! He is the most precious little boy!

The Greenfield Family said...

Ok I am super jealous you had Thomas at your birthday party!!! Carter Wayne would have fallen out! Very cute party!