Last night after dinner, I decided to put some Christmas music on while the kids colored and we put away the dishes. I was on the computer trying to fix a low resolution picture to send to shutterfly in order attempt Christmas cards when I heard Ally yell for her daddy to come dance with her. I was engrossed with the computer at the time to really see what they were doing. Later that night, Travis told me with the biggest smile that Ally wanted him to dance with her and she was pretending to be the princess and he was the king. She told him that she was wearing a crown on her head because princesses wear those. Travis told me that she was twirling and dancing to the music. I could tell it melted his heart and how much he loved her.
This reminded me of our King and how he loves us. Our heavenly Father wants to dance with us one day and I am sure He will be smiling when he sees us twirling in heaven with Him. Won't that be an awesome day!!
So, then comes the tough moment. Ally and Noah were playing on the chairs in the hearth room after I had already told them not to, but wasn't really paying attention, my fault, when I heard Ally fall to the ground. I have never heard her cry so loud and hard. When I picked her up, her nose was bleeding soooooo much. I couldn't tell if her mouth was bleeding as well or if it were just her nose. It was like a faucet. It kept coming and coming. I was even scard a bit that it might even be broken. Well, after a little bit it stopped bleeding and I checked her nose and it appeared not be broken. It was probably one of the scariest moment I have had with my children. I know Ally had an angel with her at that particular time cause it could have been really bad. So needless to say, they will not be able to play on chairs anymore. Travis and I talked last night that they have a room full of toys, but all they want to do is jump on and off chairs. Why get them toys when all they like to do is run and jump. Makes ya think a little bit about the upcoming season and what not to spend so much time worrying about and shopping for.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families! I know I will!!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great post Shannon! So glad Ally is ok. Bless her heart, she is so sweet. I am so thankful during this holiday season for a sister like you. You have a beautiful family and I am so blessed to have all of you in my life!
Post a Comment