Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy 3rd birthday Ally!





Ahhhh......I can't believe she is already 3 years old. It seems like just yesterday that I was waking my little 17 month old Noah up from his bed, changing his diaper while crying tears of joy because I knew that day he would not be an only child anymore. I can honestly say that morning I woke him up was a little bittersweet because he was still a baby and had no clue what was about to happen. Who would have thought they would get along so well and love one another so much. They are such good buddies and I am so thankful they have one another. Those first few months were so hard given that I had two little babies at home and honestly it is hard for me to remember Ally's first year. Thank goodness for journals and pictures. Where does the time go? She is 3 years old!! She is becoming a little girl now and not my little baby. I have tears just thinking about it! I am so grateful to get watch them grow up, but I know I will miss these moments. Enough of this sappy stuff, I know.

We had Ally's birthday at Sonshine Academy and the kids loved it. They got to swing, jump, run and even play hide and seek with the lights out. I think that was a big hit. Ally is into Hello Kitty right now so she loved her Hello Kitty backpack and shirt she got. My mom got her a little pink rocking chair and it is soooo cute.

Just a few little things Ally is doing at 3 so I don't forget:
She loves shoes and changes shoes all the time.
She loves to pretend or "lets just pretend momma" as she would say when trying to paint her nails.
She gets on the floor and exercises by doing situps (I wonder where she has seen that before).
She absolutely loves Frodo, our 100 pound boxer and crawls all over him and lays her head on him.
She loves to play with dolls and pretend they are her cousin Ava.
At night, when we are praying she always wants to pray for someone different, but then adds a few more people in there and sometimes it goes on and on and on.

Ally is so much fun right now and I treasure all these moments we are making together and as a family. I love watching her innocence during play and the way her eyes light up when she discovers something new. I thank God for her and I pray I can do a good job being a role model for her as she grows up. I can't imagine the pressures that will come for her and all girls and boys her age. I know that if I can "keep my eye on the prize ahead" and she follows that, then she will be off to a great start.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Stain Family said...

OH Shannon! That outfit is just too much!! Love, love, LOVE it!! :) Looks like Ally had a wonderful birthday.

Tinsley Family said...

happy birthday sweet girl, wow i can't believe she is 3 shannon!!! you are a great mommy!!!

The Ekenseairs said...

Happy birthday Ally! Hope it was a great one!!

The Greenfield Family said...

What a great mother you are! I am glad Ally had such a great birthday - you have the cutest kids!

Georgia said...

Happy Birthday, Ally! You are too cute, like your momma.