Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We give Him all the glory.....

yes, I am talking about the main man upstairs. It seems like when good things happen, it is easy to give Jesus the glory, but something doesn't go so well, it is so hard to praise him. Well, I want to share a little story that turned out amazing in the end even when things didn't always go as planned.


These are our great friends, Laura and Adam, whom we have developed a wonderful friendship with in the last 4 years. Laura is Travis's good friend Daniel's little sister whom we also love even though he and his wife, Jill, now live in Texas. Well, ever since I met Laura she has voiced how much she wanted to be a mom. She wanted to start a family right after she got married at the early age of 21 but Adam wasn't quite ready. So, they enjoyed a little honeymoon time for a few years. Almost two years ago, they started trying to have a baby. They tried for over a year and a half and still no baby. They went to doctors and tried medicine for 6 months or so and still nothing. Laura and Adam presented themselves with such grace and maturity. I know it must have been hard, especially for Laura, since she babysit everyday other peoples little ones. She has loved them like they were her own, I can attest to that firsthand. They never lost faith and they were such an inspiration to me. At the end of the year, they decided to not try any more medicine for awhile and just give everything over to the Lord.
So, here's the great news. A couple of weeks ago Laura and Adam showed up at our house to tell us that they were expecting. Yeah!! Travis was so excited that he picked Adam up and shook him. I was so thrilled and stunned at the same time. I couldn't believe it. I think I was just as excited or maybe even more to find out they were expecting than I was when I found out I was expecting my two. They never lost faith that the Lord would give them a baby one way or another. Laura has so many other miracles of God to share from this time and I have been trying to get her to start a blog to share her journey. So, if you are reading this Laura, you now have to start you a blog.
I personally never experienced having to try very long to get pregnant or never even had someone close to me try so long without getting pregnant. I know from reading blogs and hearing stories that this is so common now. I pray for you guys who are struggling with this at this moment. My heart goes out to you and my prayer is that you continue to give God the glory because He will see you through this.

So, this post is dedicated to our dear friends Laura and Adam. We love you guys so much and can't wait to go on this journey with you. We pray for you and this baby everyday. You two are such an inspiration to us. We are so blessed to have you two as friends!



4 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

that is just so wonderful! i am so happy for them. what a joyous time!

Anonymous said...

And we still love you guys even though you didn't move to Texas with us. See ya next week.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Laura!! I am so happy for you guys!

Heather said...

I love Laura so much and just literally jumped up and down when I heard her news!!! God is good, all the time...it's just that HIS time and our time for things are not always the same. I have learned that one myself! (Please, Lord, let me really LEARN it so I don't have to go through it again!) Laura will be a wonderful mother! Glory to God!